SINGA scholarship | Singapore International Graduate Award – Eligibility, Courses, Required documents, Deadline, How to apply? everything you need to know about SINGA given below.
Do you want to do your studies in Singapore? then this is a great opportunity for international students to study in Singapore with a fully-funded scholarship program. A*Star Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship application is open until 1st December 2021. If you are interested then apply as soon as possible, the application process is completely online, all the details are given below.
About the SINGA scholarship
A*Star Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Host Country: Singapore
Organization: A *Star Research Singapore
Scholarship Name: Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
Course: Ph.D (Engineering, Sciences, Arts & Humanities, & Medical)
Number of Awards: 950
Benefits: Fully funded
Eligible countries: All Countries
Deadline: 1 December 2021
Like every year, this year again Singaporean government announced the prestigious SINGA scholarship for International students to pursue their Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take their research career to greater heights.
Under this scholarship, you have to choose these areas of research –
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science and Engineering
For more information, go to the link given below, there you will get more information about the field of research.
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SMU Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
You should keep in mind that in the application form, you have to choose one of these supervisors.
Benefits of SINGA Scholarship
As you know Singa scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program, The winners of scholarships will be entitled to receive the following set of benefits for the next big academic journey in Singapore:
- Tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend of 2,000 (Singaporean Dollar) which will be increased to 2,500 (Singaporean Dollar) after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
- One-time airfare grant of up to 1,500 (Singaporean Dollar).
- One-time settling-in allowance of 1,000 (Singaporean Dollar).
Estimated living costs in Singapore
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
Eligibility Criteria for SINGA Scholarship
To participate in this scholarship program, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements –
- Applicant must completed their bachelor’s degree or master’s degree on the relevent field.
- Any International candidate can apply.
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
- Good reports from academic referees
You will need these documents to apply for SINGA scholarship –
- Candidate must have valid passport.
- A passport size photo in .jpeg or .png format.
- All educational transcripts in English including, bachelor’s degree certificates/master’s degree certificates.
- Two recommendation reports from former professors (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results, this is optional but having them can increase chances of scholarship.
How to Apply for SINGA scholarship?
The application process for the SINGA scholarship is completely online. Go to the official website and fill out the online form through the Singapore International Graduate Award portal (Link given below). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
SINGA scholarship FAQs
What is Singa scholarship?
Singapore International Graduate Award – SINGA scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program for international students, who want to pursue Ph.D. in Singapore.
Is it hard to get scholarship in NUS?
National University of Singapore (NUS) is among the top universities around the world, you can get a scholarship for NUS through Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for Ph.D. But it is highly competitive, every year more than 29000 candidates applied for this award and only 950 get selected from around the world.
Can I study for free in Singapore?
Yes, you can through Singapore International Graduate Award – SINGA, but the award is for only Ph.D. candidates. It is a fully funded scholarship program in Singapore for International students.
What is the min grade for Singa Scholarship?
No minimum grade point criteria is set for SINGA scholarship applicants.
What is the age limit for Singa Scholarship?
Age limit restrictions for the SINGA International graduate scholarship award is not specified.
How much application fees for Singa scholarship
No application fees is required for SINGA scholarship application submission.
- Muhammad Bin Zayed Scholarship | MBZUAI UAE scholarship
- Singapore Government Scholarship 2022-23 | International
- Scholarship for OBC students in Maharashtra | Mahadbt
- Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme 2022 – International
- Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship – Turkey
- Germany Young Founders Programme fellowship – 2022