Banting Postdoctoral fellowship Canada – Eligibility, Research centers, Benefits, Programs, Deadline, How to apply? All the necessary details are given below.
Recently a Banting postdoctoral Fellowship 2021/2022 is announced in Canada by the government of Canada. It is the most popular fellowship in which fellowship is offered for international students from all over the world. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship is a fully funded fellowship program that is generally very helpful for international students for the upliftment of their educational life. It is a highly funded fellowship program. In this year there are around 70 international fellowships will be offered to the students by 3 different institutions. So students do not miss the chance of grape the unique chance of magical study in Canada. Students feel lucky who catch this opportunity of studying in Canada, it is a life-changing process for every deserving candidate.
About Banting Postdoctoral fellowship
Finally, the breath-stopping moment is an end and the wonderful moment has come the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is open for international students. It is a fully-funded Fellowship program for International citizens, Canadian citizens, and permanent residence of Canada. This fully-funded Fellowship is almost for all the academic fields of study. The Banting Postdoctoral fellowship is giving about 70 awards to deserving candidates from all over the world. It helps to enhance the confidence level in the mind of the students and bring good vibes towards any fellowship program.
Fellowships programs are equally divided into three Canadian institutes which are given below:
- SSHRC (social sciences and Humanities Research Council)
- CHIR (Canadian Institute of Health Research )
- NSERC (National Science and Engineering Research Council)
These institutes were deciding that candidates should be selected for the fellowship program or not according to some eligibility criteria of the fellowship program.
Also check: List of Scholarships in Canada
Vanier Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Vanier Banting’s postdoctoral program gives funds to the topmost candidates of Canadian citizens and international citizens. The candidates for this fellowship are selected by the host institutions. the Vanier Banting postdoctoral fellowship program will be given to those students who will make profitable contributions to the country’s economy, social and research-based progress. this fellowship program is unique and it is great in its work.
Host Country: Canada
Organization: Government of Canada
Research Center: Three research Institutes
- SSHRC (Social science and humanities research council )
- CIHR (Canadian Institute of health research)
- NSERC (National sciences and engineering research council)
No. of Fellowships: There are around 70 fellowships are offered to international students in Canada.
Time period: 2 years
Financial coverage: Fully funded
The main aim of the banting postdoctoral fellowship program to attract & maintain top-tier postdoctoral talent on a national and international platform. Due to this the leadership potential will rise among the achievers and step towards them as successful research leaders for tomorrow. it is funded for 2 years for international students to support their postdoctoral studies in Canada in various field studies like natural science, social science, health science, engineering, and humanity.
Also know – University of Westminster Scholarship
Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The candidates who are interested in the banting postdoctoral fellowship program in Canada. They have an excellent opportunity to study free in Canada. This banting fellowship program will cover all the expenses during the postdoctoral study period.
Expenses which is cover by banting fellowship:
- The candidate will receive $ 70000 per annum.
- This award will be given for 2 years.
- It covers all the expenses related to the study because it is a fully-funded fellowship.
- It is a great opportunity for Canadian, international citizens.
Areas of Research are offered?
- Natural Science / or engineering
- Social Sciences /or humanities
- Health research
Eligibility Criteria for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
Candidates who want to qualify for the banting postdoctoral fellowship program must have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates from Canada or international residence can eligible for this banting fellowship program.
- Candidates who want to apply for the 2021/2022 fellowship program must complete a Ph.D., Ph.D. equivalent, or health professional degree between September 15, 2018, and September 30, 2022.
- This golden opportunity gets once in a lifetime.
- The banting fellowship will be given to those students who are selected by the Host Institution.
- The candidates who want to apply for this fellowship must contact the supervisor of the host institution for confirmation.
Deadline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The deadline for Vanier banting fellowship program is 22 September 2021.
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship?
- The interested candidates can apply for this fellowship through Host Institute.
- The Candidates first need to make a research net account for the fellowship.
- Applicants have to create a Proper CV and upload it to the research net application.
- As we know that every host institution has a different deadline, so candidates must check with the host institution before applying this.
International applicants must submit their form online by clicking the official website of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
Frequently asked questions
How do I apply for Banting postdoctoral fellowship?
To apply for the Banting postdoctoral fellowship first check the eligibility criteria and contact your desired host institution and follow these steps.
1. The interested candidates can apply for this fellowship through Host Institute.
2. Create your account in ResearchNet and Canadian common (Cv).
3. Applicants have to create a Proper CV and upload it to the research net application.
4. As we know that every host institution has a different deadline, so candidates must check with the host institution before applying this.
Is Banting Fellowship taxable?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 per year which includes travel and research expenses that are taxable. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
What does a postdoctoral fellow do?
A postdoctoral fellow is primarily a researcher who works under the supervision of a mentor as part of a larger research group. As such, they conduct research, either on a pre-specified project or one of their own design, and publish that research.
What is the number of banting postdoctoral fellowship awards?
Each year there are around 70 fellowships are awarded to international students in Canada.
Duration of Banting postdoctoral fellowship?
2 years which is non-renewable.